Thursday, August 30, 2012

Six. The City Shopper.

My designer/ teacher/ confidence builder/ tips and tricks sharer is mumbling about writing another book. So, how am I going with my Tanya and Nicole project? It's slow and steady with a few articles at different stages of construction, as is my tendancy! With the prospect of a new book I think I might go 'the big statement' and say, my intention is to finish all the projects in this book, so complete my Tanya and Nicole project before the next book is out. The belt I made as a pattern tester was quickly snapped up by my girl at the time and she has now outgrown it

I finally finished my 'city shopper'- seriously, it's ridiculous I didn't have it finished twelve months ago. Does anyone else get within 10 minutes of finishing a project and stall? I had the "o rings" I wanted to use, but didn't think I had the tri glider thing to make the strap adjustable. After months of getting annoyed looking at it being so close I went through my 'bag hardware' box and was surprised to find that I did actually have one that I had purchased at some stage and proceeded to finish it. So, this is bag two for Cam's sew along...can I get my last one finished by tomorrow, to make three for the month?

I know the above photo isn't that great of the bag- but it's actually equally about my tulips at the moment, I am so in love with them. I haven't grown tulips for years and years (I seem to be saying 'years and years' now that I am 40...generally referring to my 20's!)


I needed to show you the button close up- I love this button for this bag- the design of the button really matches the design of the fabric, I was pretty happy to realise that. What's odd is that at the time this was a special button, but the reason has actually slipped out of my long and short term memory and I have no idea now what was so special about it. That's abit sad!
Just thought I'd add in a 'behind the scenes' photo to show you my 'helpers' (and because I thought my little friend might like to see this brown dog). We are dog sitting at the moment. Pippi is the gorgeous, well behaved dog minding her own business in the background (um, so, that would be, she's my dog!). Kellie is my parents dog...she's a puppy still, and not as innocent as she might look here!

I love the shape of this bag, and I was pretty happy with the fabrics- it's certainly not a shy, retiring little bag!
Oh, and there they are again, the tulips, how nice!

And tonight I just read the happy news that Carmel is hosting a hat sew along in September. I'm keen. You?

4 comments:

  1. The bag looks great! I don't know why, but I have several projects that are |this| close to finishing and some of them have been sitting in the basket a while too. I love tulips, they are my favourite flower, I planted some bulbs too, I hope they come up! Should I be worried if I don't see any yet?? The border collie looks beautiful. I think the button matches the bag really well :) I'm so glad you'll be joining my sew-along. I can't wait to see all the hats everyone makes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW DID I MISS THIS POST???? Great to see it, lovely.. and the tulips.

    And you have a good 18 months at the least to get through You Sew Girl. Should I tell you that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tulips and that very sweet bag. I see that you now have a time frame for you "Tanya et Nicole" project - what one are you making next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to recall that designer of yours knows how to string out a deadline and finish in a flurry.

    (Love the buttony co-ordination - and those tulips).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your comments, I love reading them and appreciate your effort in writing them xx...