Thursday, March 3, 2011

Softies for the children of Christchurch

This woman is busy coordinating a softie drive for the children of Christchurch. I appreciate her efforts, thanks Leonie.
If these little guys can help comfort a small person in the middle of turmoil then me making them is more than worth it.
and from a different angle
This elephant is made using an Audrey and Maude pattern "Edward/ Elouise" I think. I gave him bigger eyes. I constantly have softie's eye issues. Oh well, practice, I spose.
He will be accompanied by a few angels, these are a Rosalie Quinlin design, and the perfect size for small hands.

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea and what lovely softies! I'm sure they will be very much loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. They will be well received. Lovely of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful softies, and such a great cause :-)
    (And wow, your preserves!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally lovely, what a heart warming post & creativity for good. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do u tell a child when he asks why doesn't Santa bring poor children toys and food?

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much Tanya, these have arrived and they are totally gorgeous!! thank you for contributing such beautifully made softies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your comments, I love reading them and appreciate your effort in writing them xx...