Monday, September 21, 2009

Sunday sewing


I have made my lovely seven year old groovy skirts out of funky fabrics, but hey, what would she prefer...yep, 'leggings'. The concession is that I plan to recycle her skirts into quilts or something else when she has outgrown them.

These leggings, which I made this morning have got a bit of a groovy elasticised pink gingham ribbon accross each leg hem, which I bought from a scrapbooking shop. The fabric is cotton lycra which I bought from an op shop- it was a great score! The pattern I traced off some leggings which she currently wears alot.



Oh, and about the herb garden- I decided that I would add a photo and in a few months have the 'before and after' comparison (hopefully dramatic!). This is 'before', Sunday September 20th. Lavender hedge is most visable- but just you wait!

I like Sundays.

1 comment:

  1. The leggings are awesome. How impressive that you made them without a pattern and from Op Shop fabric. Nice work. And the ribbon is very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your comments, I love reading them and appreciate your effort in writing them xx...